Saturday, September 1, 2012

Always a Bridesmaid, Never a Bride

"You are more beautiful than Cinderella! You smell like pine needles, and have a face like sunshine." -Bridesmaids


It's a given that Bridesmaids is one of my ultimate favorite movies. Luckily my experience as a bridesmaid has been a bit more enjoyable. I believe it's a true honor to be asked by the bride to stand next to her for one of the most important days of her life, especially if that person is your cousin. Today marks the one week countdown until Emily's big day! YAY!!!

My beautiful cousin Emily

The anticipation for this wedding is through the roof. I have a feeling it's going to be something no one will forget. The colors Emily has chosen are black and green. Anyone who knows her, knows green is her color. Her first car was a lime green Volkswagen Beetle and has been obsessed with green M&M's since before I can remember. The bridesmaids are wearing all different black, silk dresses with bright green shoes! The shoes are also all different from one another. I love how the traditional matching bridesmaids dresses are not so much the thing right now. Who really wants to be a twenty year old something standing next to someone wearing the same exact thing? Not me!

Em's big bachelorette weekend was at the end of June. The bridal party and a special extra few spent the weekend at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. The first night we spent eating, drinking and just having fun at the gorgeous town house we stayed at. The next day we spend doing some more of well.. eating and drinking! During the day, we went to this lovely winery called Glades Pike Winery. The weather wasn't in our favor, but that didn't stop us.

The Bridal Party at Seven Springs
The girls at the winery

Sunday was the Bridal Shower. The shower was held at the YWCA of Westmoreland County and celebrated with some of Emily's closest friends and family. I got there early with my mom to help set up. It was a lot more work than I expected. Thank goodness for my Aunt Karen, my mom and especially Kelly with her organization and Martha Stewart-like skills! She is the craftiest and most creative person I know. This is no joke. Mike's mom (Mike is the groom by the way!) was also a saint. She supplied the shower with delicious treats and had all the cheesy games ready to go. Games aren't my thing, unless they're review games in the classroom.


 
Emily's Bridal Party
Family
The Bride
Candid moment of Emily, my mom and me
Grandma, Mom and Aunt Terry
My cousin Kelly
My cousin Mandy
Bridal Party setting up

No puppies were received as party favors, but other than that it was a weekend to remember! There was a minor glitch to the process that would be rude of me not to share. Here's a picture of the magical cake my Aunt Karen originally picked up. Was there something Emily didn't share with us? HAHA! You can't have an important event without something going a little wrong, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment