Sunday, September 2, 2012

Better Late Than Never


Today is a noteworthy day for me. It's exactly one month after my birthday, but that isn't what I'm referring to. Today I finally received what I would consider the best birthday present ever from my parents (or at least that I can remember at the moment). I got a brand new Keurig Brewer! WOOHOO! Some may see this as a little odd. I see it as a special moment in my life... almost like one's wedding day. If you aren't a coffee person, you wouldn't understand.


Actually I got the Keurig Brewer yesterday, but thought it would be a bit cooler if I posted about it one month after my birthday so just roll with it. I was actually quite nervous to open it and start venturing through the manual. Lucky me, the thing was stupid-proof! Let's be honest, that's what we all need when it comes to new gadget manuals. Here is a picture I took. Brace yourself, it's a beauty!

MY Keurig Brewer

First Cup of Coffee

Can you tell I love my new gift? You could say I'm so excited about this because I have been dreaming of having my own Keurig forever now. You could also say that birthdays start to get less fascinating as you get older so I was taken by surprise with this gem. Your birthday will always be your special day, but it's clear that it will never again be like it was when you were little and treated like the Queen of England. That boat for me sailed when my cousin Mandy had her son, Colin. He is now the secession to the throne of August 2nd birthdays. Although, I am more than okay with that because that kind of attention makes me all kinds of nervous now. Sometimes I get confused and have to think twice when I say my age out load. I suppose it's a good thing that I still feel like a kid, but sad when I remember older people who I used to hear the same thing from. I still dream of Disneyland and feel that I am fit enough to dominate a tumbling pass (even though I most likely can't due to having no guts to attempt it). I guess feeling young is a wonderful thing and I'm forever young.

Colin with his game win
Colin at Idlewild
Colin and I on the Scrambler

Something I still haven't told you about this gift from God is that it doesn't just make hot coffee. It makes iced coffee, tea, iced tea and even hot cocoa! I can't even comprehend how I am going to feel during the most wonderful time of the year, otherwise known as Christmas time! Ho ho ho!


One last thing. Thank you Keurig for giving me one more reason to never leave my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment