Sunday, September 9, 2012

Rain Rain Go Away

Come again some other day. This was the sad song we all were singing Saturday morning. Saturday was my cousin Emily and her now hubby Mike's wedding day! The rain eventually stopped and the weather continually got better as the day went on. They say rain is good luck on your wedding day. Personally, I just think that saying was made up by someone trying to calm down a bridezilla. It worked so well that it turned into some sort of urban legend. Emily & Mike don't need luck. Anyone who knows them can instantly see the love they have for one another. Love is what matters, not luck. Luck doesn't hurt though. Below is a picture of Em, at the church, waiting to marry the man of her dreams. :)

The Blushing Bride
The best cousins in the world.
Kelly, Me & Mandy
The Dress
Emily & Myself

The whole weekend was basically a big celebration, an unforgettable one at that! I feel so lucky to have such an amazing family. Friday was the rehearsal at the church and the rehearsal dinner followed. I think I had a little too much fun at the dinner because the next day I had a rough time getting myself up. Once again, coffee saves the day!

Mandy, Me & Kelly
Family
Grandparents

By the time we arrived at the church, the rain had stopped. The sun even made an appearance. My fear of tripping down the aisle did not happen. I successfully made it down with ease leaving all the attention for the bride. Phew! Emily was a sight to see. She looked like absolute perfection! During the mass, I sat by Colin (the ring bearer & my cousin Mandy's son). I didn't have any tissues handy so I think being by Colin was a blessing in disguise because all his fidgeting took my mind off crying like a baby.

Mandy & Colin
Me & Colin
Like a Pimp
My Bouquet

The reception was at Mike's parents' beautiful house. There was a humungous tent setup in the backyard. What about the rain you ask? Not all of the ground was covered under the tent. So yes... as you can imagine, it turned into something you might see on a farm. Luckily by that time, I was the least bit concerned with what was going on down there. The FineLine Weddings photo booth was probably my favorite part of the night, although Rizzo's catering was a close second behind. I can't even tell you how many times I went in that booth and with who. I couldn't get enough of it.

My dad became one of the main events that evening. He had an excessive amount of "chocolate milk". In his mind, he was killing it on the dance floor. If I was still in high school I'm sure I would have just died because of his shenanigans throughout the night. At this point in my life, I adore it. He is one silly man that I love more than anything.

Bob getting his Elvis on
Candid Father-Daughter Moment

The night ended with fireworks! Literally and figuratively, I'm sure. Emily & Mike's wedding day could not have gone any better. I can't get over how much of a good time everyone had. The fun isn't over for the happy couple. Tomorrow they will be on their way to Italy. A dream honeymoon that I'm sure they won't forget. I'm beyond grateful that I was able to share this special day with the both of them. They really are meant for each other and their life has only just begun. It really makes me want to believe in true love, soul mates and all that "mushy stuff".

The aftermath of my gorgeous green shoes looks something like my dad's camo gear. Such a tragedy! Thank goodness for this picture of all the bridesmaids' shoes. I'm the ruffle peep-toe at the bottom. Could you die? (Rachel Zoe voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment