Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fall Fever


Fall is right around the corner, but I've already caught a strong case of fall fever. It all started with the long awaited release of the pumpkin flavored everything at Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts. Then came the sudden temperature change over the weekend. Today, not so much. This opened my eyes to some leaves that have already begun to fall. The colors aren't quite there yet. Fall or Autumn, which ever you prefer. This is the season I live for!

Pumpkin Iced Coffee

Listing all the reasons why I adore this spectacular season is close to impossible, but here it goes. First off I would like to begin with one of the most important. For all those out there with naturally curly/wavy/frizzy hair, you don't need me to tell you that fall brings with it the perfect hair weather! Might sound ridiculous, but I only speak the truth. Not too dry, not too humid... just fresh crisp air. I also like to think of this weather as "football weather". Another one of my favorite things. The past few Steeler games have been hot ones. Let's hope this Sunday's games brings some of that crisp air to Heinz Field. And of course a win.

Heinz Field

This leads me to the clothing situation that goes hand in hand with the weather. Autumn means sweater weather! Time to break out all the adorable sweaters, cardigans, blazers, hoodies, jackets, jeans, BOOTS and scarves. All my favorite pieces. Layering is simply the best fashion advise I've ever learned as a girl. Fall is the perfect season to do just that.


A wise woman by the name of Tina Fey once wrote... "In girl world, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it." -Mean Girls


Um, Hello Halloween! The excitement that overcomes me when thinking about what I want to dress up as is something like a child writing their Christmas list. Who cares how old you are. I say Halloween is for everyone. Of course not everyone enjoys this holiday. Can someone please tell me what's wrong with those people... do they hate puppies and rainbows too? Speaking of those people, an ex-boyfriend of mine hated Halloween. Silly me should have seen that as a big, fat warning sign, but I suppose it's a lesson learned.
My superhuman of a mother used to make all my Halloween costumes and even some of my friends. Yeah, she can do anything and everything. One of my best was the year I dressed as Ginger Spice from the Spice Girls. I'm going out on a limb here and saying it was 4th grade. Supermom crafted together a replica of Geri Halliwell's infamous British flag dress. (I'm sure if I put that thing on today it would fit just like Geri's did, but at the time it was an appropriate length for a 4th grader!) The outfit was completed with chunky, red platform shoes, a red wig and an excessive amount of body glitter. Girl Power! Lately I've been into reliving my childhood by dressing up as all the Disney Princesses. Last year it was Snow White. The year before, Jasmine without an Aladdin unfortunately. This year: to be continued...

The Spice Girls
Geri Halliwell
Halloween 2011

The only thing bad about this season is it flashes before your eyes. Some may say that about summer. For me, fall is the season that comes and goes way too quickly. Maybe it's because the colors of the trees are so breathtaking... They are only meant to last so long so we never forget to appreciate their beauty. No need to fear, it just means those snowflakes and Santa are own their way!

 
In honor of the Season Premiere of The X Factor and the legendary Miss Britney Spears I'll leave you with a song you may have never heard of. Autumn Goodbye<3

No comments:

Post a Comment