Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Furniture & Silverware & Lamps… OH MY!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day! I certainly did. One reason for this glorious weekend was due to my mom asking to join her on her trip to IKEA. My reaction was a little something like this...

Or this...

My obsession for IKEA is unhealthy. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one who feels this way. I like to think of IKEA as an adult's Toys R Us, mostly adult women. Our mission for this visit was to simply find photo boxes and magazine files. My "office" is turning into something you see on Hoarders. Instead of throwing things out, organizing the mess seems to be the right remedy at the moment.


It's evident that anyone who enters IKEA with a "mission" or a list of items will leave with triple that amount. The majority of the extra items will be the most random gadgets that you have to have NOW or you're life is over! For example:

Mini Lantern

Glass Flower Vase

The glass flower vase was not bought with the intention of putting flowers in. This my friends, is one of my Pinterest pins that I conquered. I actually created a different one a few months ago, but soon found out it was too short and small for quick make-up application. The new vase I found at IKEA was a bit larger and much taller. This helps the brushes from not falling to the side and touching other things. - I'm an extreme germaphobe so the minor glitch soon became a new pet peeve. So ever since I've been on the hunt for a new, but similar one. This applies to all the Pinterest junkies out there... Don't you feel like you won a gold medal after completing something that you've "pinned"? Keep in mind, I'm referring to the completion of a project that isn't a complete fail. I saw this ecard on one of the 89 social networks sites (I can't seem to remember which one now, probably Pinterest) that fits my feelings perfectly... "There should be a "DID THIS" button on Pinterest complete with applause when you click it." How unbelievably terrific would that be? We can only dream for now ladies and gentleman. If you aren't familiar with someecards.com. Get familiar. They crack me up.


The trip wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. First off, I think we chose to go on the absolute worst day EVER. When pulling up to the parking lot, the place was packed. And by packed I mean Black Friday packed! Inside, I was basically giving strangers piggyback rides through the tight aisles. After struggling through the claustrophobic warehouse, we ended our visit at the check-out line that was quicker than it looked.

IKEA Check-out

Second, I tried Starbuck's new Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher for the first time this weekend thinking I was about to taste heaven in my mouth. This was a recommendation from a reliable friend's tweet. They lied. Never trust a twitpic. *You know who you are.* I wish I could say the drink tastes as delightful as it looks, but I can't. All I can say is it's not my thing... Not one bit. With that being said, PUMPKIN COFFEE IS BACK! I will be sticking to the coffee from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment